- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Sport Sciences
- Faculty of the Arts
- Faculty of Mathematical Sciences & Computer
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Earth Sciences
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Water Sciences & Engineering
- Faculty of Economics & Social Sciences
- Faculty of Education & Psychology
- Faculty of Letters and Humanities
- Faculty of Theology & Islamic Studies
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz is one of the leading Faculties of Veterinary Medicine in Iran opened in 1975. It is the only institution of higher education in the southwest of Iran to educate veterinary specialized courses with high-tech equipment and high-quality labs and classroom space for teaching and research. Our mission in this faculty is to educate confident and compassionate veterinarians committed to enhancing the health and welfare of both animals and people and ensuring food safety contributions to the economic well-being of our province, Khuzestan.
At present, there are 62 full-time faculty members including 23 Professors, 21 Associate professors, 18 Assistant professors in teaching, supervising students, doing research, and giving medical services in the hospital of our faculty.
Our faculty offers the following academic study courses:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), 220 units (6years course) plus thesis.
- Doctor of Veterinary (DVSc): in large animal internal medicine, small animal internal medicine, veterinary surgery, Avian health and diseases, Clinical pathology, Aquatic health and diseases, and Parasitology.
- Ph.D. in veterinary Parasitology, Comparative veterinary histology, Anatomical Sciences, Pathology, Bacteriology, Biochemistry and Food hygiene and Quality Control.
- MSc. In Physiology, Veterinary Histology, Veterinary Parasitology, and Food Hygiene.
This faculty has 5 departments.
Management of Faculty
Dean of the Faculty:
Dr. Hossein Hamidi Nejat, Professor of Parasitology
Vice-Dean in education affairs:
Dr. Seyed Reza Fatemi Tabatabaei, Professor of Physiology
Vice-Dean in Research and International affairs:
Dr. Ali Shahriyari, Associate Professor of Clinical Pathology